Basic Sewing Techniques
Thursdays 6:30 – 9:00 September 27, October 4, 11, 2018
Thursdays 6:30 - 9:00 October 18, 25 & November 1, 2018
This course is designed for a beginner with very little or no sewing experience or as a refresher for someone who has not sewn in a long time. You will learn to operate the sewing machine while building the basic skills of sewing and finishing seams, making darts, sewing a curve, proper pressing techniques, and how to use fusible interfacing. Learn how to do small repairs like hemming a pair of pants or jeans. You will make a binder of samples for future reference. Build your skills in a bright classroom where the sewing machines are supplied. This is a perfect class before Level 1.
Before signing up for classes, please check your schedule and read our class policies carefully. To be fair to our teachers and other students we must remain firm in our registration and cancellation policies.
- Full Payment of class fees due at time of registration. This guarantees a place in the class.
- Phone registration is available with Visa or MasterCard. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to class start. A store credit will be issued provided your cancellation does not reduce class participation below minimum number required. Minimum number of students is four, maximums vary by class. When applicable the teacher will be glad to leave class notes. Sawyers reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum. Sawyers will issue a full refund for any class we cancel.
- Please pick up or download a supply list at time of registration. Purchase supplies prior to arriving for class.
- Those registered for a class receive a 15% discount on class supplies.
- Please mark all tools and supplies. Sawyers is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes in consideration of fellow classmates with allergies.