Pattern Making for Knits: The T-Shirt Block
May 11th & 12th
10:00 - 4:30
In this comprehensive knit patternmaking class you will draft your own custom size stretch knit T-shirt block using your personal body measurements. You'll learn how to determine the stretch ratio of your fabric and calculate measurement reductions for the perfect amount of negative ease. You'll balance, check and true your draft as well as adjust the draft for your cup size and learn how to eliminate that common gaping front armhole. We’ll design a basic T neckline with a neckband that hugs your neckline perfectly and once your neckline is in place, we’ll cut mark and construct a sample for fitting assessment and review. Max 8 students Min 6 students.
- Full Payment of class fees due at time of registration. This guarantees a place in the class.
- Phone registration is available with Visa or MasterCard. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to class start. A store credit will be issued provided your cancellation does not reduce class participation below minimum number required. Minimum number of students is four, maximums vary by class. When applicable the teacher will be glad to leave class notes. Sawyers reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum. Sawyers will issue a full refund for any class we cancel.
- Please pick up or download a supply list at time of registration. Purchase supplies prior to arriving for class.
- Those registered for a class receive a 15% discount on class supplies.
- Please mark all tools and supplies. Sawyers is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes in consideration of fellow classmates with allergies.
Before signing up for classes, please check your schedule and read our class policies carefully. To be fair to our teachers and other students we must remain firm in our registration and cancellation policies.