Beginner's Quilting with Margret Ruiter
February 8, 15, 22, 29, 2020
Learn to make a quilt from start to finish in this basic beginners quilt class designed for a sewer with little or no quilting experience. The project for this course is a baby quilt, chosen for it’s manageable size, so that you will have a completed quilt at the end of the course. You will learn to cut your fabric using your rotary cutter, sew accurate 1/4" seams to make quilt blocks, assemble the blocks to make a quilt top, sandwich and baste the quilt top with batting and backing fabric, then quilting and binding your finished product.
Before signing up for classes, please check your schedule and read our class policies carefully. To be fair to our teachers and other students we must remain firm in our registration and cancellation policies.
- Full Payment of class fees due at time of registration. This guarantees a place in the class.
- Phone registration is available with Visa or MasterCard. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to class start. A store credit will be issued provided your cancellation does not reduce class participation below minimum number required. Minimum number of students is four, maximums vary by class. When applicable the teacher will be glad to leave class notes. Sawyers reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum. Sawyers will issue a full refund for any class we cancel.
- Please pick up or download a supply list at time of registration. Purchase supplies prior to arriving for class.
- Those registered for a class receive a 15% discount on class supplies.
- Please mark all tools and supplies. Sawyers is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes in consideration of fellow classmates with allergies.